Thursday, August 15, 2024

The Woeful White Sox, 2024

 The Woeful White Sox, 2024

    I have liked the Chicago White Sox since 1991, or I guess more like 1992, when I had to reconcile that my favorite baseball player Tim Raines has been traded to them from my beloved Montreal Expos. This happened after 10 mostly tremendous seasons while based out of Canada and the National League.

    I had resisted even liking the American League till then, into my twenties. But, with that never dying rooting for Rock, aka Tim Purple Raines, I came back to the United States (the trade happened when I was in Latin America, for two whole baseball seasons). Being back home and watching the Sox, Raines, and the amazing Frank Thomas, I grew to like them. Raines played with the White Sox for five seasons, and I remained a fan after he was signed by the Yankees in 1996. Thomas played out his career, missing the World Series winning season in 2005, as I did mostly, in South America again, and like Raines, eventually went to the As. 

    The White Sox have never been the same since, but have had some competitive years. In the last four or so seasons they had some lineups that excited a lot of experts and fans, but they came up short and disappointing.

    This year it has become the metaphorical dumpster fire. They are threatening to be one of the worst of all time.

    More later?

    Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment