Monday, August 19, 2024

Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine

 Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine


    Kansas

    Drove across it mostly, saw some nice fields, hills, flowers

    Bought some kicks there at an outlet, 1997

    Drove through the night in 1992

    Coming and going


    Years later, read my cell phone

    A credit card stealer had swiped mine

    Gassing up his truck, it would seem

    But that was further west


    Less time here than most others

    A hotel

    The great plains

    Great hopes. Dorothy.


    Kentucky

    (A few days later, on my new improved laptop)

    I think I remember my thinking

    About this Bluegrass State

    

    I have spent many more days and nights

    In this former place of the enslaved

    Earths of Lincoln's birth

    

BEGAN or last written May 17, 2024. Publishing today, August 19, 2024.

2 comments: