Monday, August 26, 2024

College Football 2024 -Previewing and Reviewing

 College Football 2024 -Previewing and Reviewing

    Color me excited, I am hopeful for my two college teams to exceed expectations. Brigham Young and IU could and hopefully go bowling. My big BYU fan friend, let's say he shares a name with a president of the past, thinks that the Cougars will only win 5. I am more optimistic and I believe that they can win six and be bowl eligible. My Athlon sports magazine does not opine so, but we shall see. 

    Indiana is picked by some to win 7, but my magazine does not have them bowl eligible for the end of season. New coach, new blood. We shall see. I like some of the optimistic ones looking at IU's schedule, which some say is doable.

    Saturday I was able to relax a bit, and have a day off for the first time in twelve days. A couple of those days were hard, especially when I almost overheated. That does not happen too often.

    Noon opened with Florida State versus Georgia Tech, the Seminoles were ranked a hopeful #10. Yes, I was happy when the Yellowjackets won with a last-minute field goal. I thought that the refs missed a key face mask tackle violation earlier in the contest, which cost the Wramblin' Wreck, so all's well that ends well. Athlon picked FSU to only have one loss all season, and this one was not it.

    Next came New Mexico and FCS competitor  Montana State, and despite healthy leads and being up comfortably with four and half minutes to go, the Lobos under returning coach Bronco Mendenhall, get a big L. I saw some of it, but I went to a birthday party where I met a guy who talked to Donald Trump at the golf course. Among other things and people.

    Lastly, I saw a bit of Nevada almost beating SMU, but coming up short. Are the Mustangs already part of the ACC?

    There were some FCS games on TV, but nothing too big to me. Just a sampling of more entertainment and amazing developments to come. All fall long, unless Israel and Iran and Russia and Ukraine blow up into a world war... Or MPox and the West Nile Virus combine and kill half of us.

    To wit, blog on college football fans!

    Enjoy, and live.

No comments:

Post a Comment