Friday, August 12, 2022

What Medicine do We Feed Our Brains, our Souls?

What Medicine do We Feed Our Brains, our Souls?

    I am not sure how many times I have been sick this year. A few times in January, while overseas, and perhaps a couple of times since being home in the spring. Back home for good! 2022. I was away for a while and the travel (for my step-mother's funeral) seemed to treat me poorly. Fever, diarrhea, achiness. Like the flu. Diagnosed about a week later in my home state of Indiana, at a clinic. It was deemed a bacterial infection; I got antibiotics. Later I had symptoms of malaise in my base, and I got tested (negatively) for COVID. Crisis averted, but like five brushes will illness in about 5 weeks. I did better after that.

    Luckily, most of us are not sickly. That is a hard way to be. Some in my family say that I am the one that gets sick the most. That is likely true. My constitution and my immune system has been kind of compromised since I was little. I got mono in third grade, and I seem to get a bout with something at least yearly, if not more.
   
    Mentally, I think I am stronger. But, we all have our mental or social travails, too. I could list them. Some are epitomized in events or memories. Memories of failure, embarrassment, remorse. Life. Some things are truly embarrassing or humiliating, but some things are blown up in my mind. We do that.

    We need medicines, balms, salves, ointments, drugs, vitamins... Vicks vapo rub. I busted that out, after a full day of some doing work, while not feeling that great.

    I accomplished the work. I used to do that when I was teacher, before I got my gall bladder removed. I would teach six grueling periods to earn my check, because taking sick leave is a headache, too. I should know; I did years of subbing. Quasi-teaching.

    I did write down some good ideas for blog posts today. I want to write them.

    Falling away from faith, smoking pot, active shooter, college football. There is always baseball.        
    
    I wanted to go to synagogue tonight. Maybe next week.

    When I am whole, when I am healed. Feel better.

    I sneezed now, after applying the rub. Lavender scent.

    I'll be okay. 

Salmon Rushdie stabbed today. More on that later.



No comments:

Post a Comment