Monday, August 15, 2022

2022 College Football Preview - Me Style - Plan on Fun Times

2022 College Football Preview - Me Style - Plan on Fun Times

    Last season, 2021, was fun, exciting, motivating, and a nice time for me to have a limited audience to cater to as far as certain teams and their fates in FBS college football. Those were the top 129 or 130 teams of the sport. I gave weekly reports on all seven, till the bowl games.

    I figured it was Georgia's year, and I was right. They did win the whole grand salami. I met some people on a military base that inspired me to be a little Bulldog, too. But a lot of that motivation for Georgia to prevail was to see ANYBODY beat Alabama. The defense came through at the end. It was nice for Georgia to get the 42-year monkey off their back, or however long it took. Since the renowned Herschel Walker was there? Yeah, I think so. I do recall those days. Now he is trying to be a politician. Gotta love it, America.

    This year? Again, anyone who can knock off top rated Alabama. I am all for it! Even USC? Hmmmm... yeah, even them. However, luckily for all humanity, Utah is predicted to be better than USC, the Trojans of the L.A. city that will soon enough join the Big Ten. That is still sinking in. Nebraska and Maryland and Rutgers, sure, but ... southern Cal? In my home region Big Ten? Now to be 16 teams? The squads that I tracked week to week last year were:

1. Georgia
2. Notre Dame
3. BYU
4. Clemson
5. Auburn
6. Miami
7. Indiana

    Did I leave someone out? No, those were the teams of my small target audience.

This year, I will switch it up. My teams, BYU and IU, will remain, because this is "Me Style". However, I wish to follow Utah, who I would not mind winning the national championship at all. I root for Utah when they are not playing my Cougars. And we (Brigham Young) finally beat them last year. And we do not play them this year. Unless we got them in a bowl. How crazy would two undefeated Utah schools be in a College Football Championship game? Wow. It is possible.

I should follow seven teams, but who?

1. Utah.
2. BYU.
3. Indiana.
4. I should pick an ACC team. Or Notre Dame. I will pick Virginia. Home school, sort of.
5. Should pick an SEC school. I have liked Texas A & M for a while, and they have military connections. 
6. How about a team that BYU can surpass in winning percentage? Welcome to the jungle, James Madison. A former elite of the FCS. (next-tiered teams, maybe 159 or so... I blogged about this a few weeks ago...)
7. And... A Mountain West team? Why not... Fresno State? Another historically winning program that BYU could pass in winning percentage this season? Or not?



1 comment: