Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Home School Fans Episode 1: Preseason Predictions - 2022 Pt. 2

Home School Fans Episode 1: Preseason Predictions - 2022 Pt.2

    Texas A&M and the Y.   ---      Football presences. Powers? The next two programs that I will track weekly out of seven. One is recalled from last year, of these two, because I am BYU fan. Fanatic. yeah, I get hyped. 

    As great as Georgia, Notre Dame, Clemson, Auburn, and Miami are, and I enjoyed following and commenting on their seasons in 2021, these seven will be closer to my interests, and they are my alma maters. The schools of my two bachelors, age 24 and age 28.

    So, who comes after Utah in my seven? How will they do? Will the miracles continue? (In a word, yes.)

A, M, Y. So many acronyms! Agriculture and ... I cannot remember. Mechanical! (college). I looked it up. Sure, I knew it was technically related, regarding a practical science or vocation. And "Y", for Young, as in Brigham.

Texas A&M Aggies: They have a coach in College Station, Jimbo Fisher, who lives up to the grandiosity of his name when it comes to recruiting. And oh, they can and will be the mighty Crimson Tide. The two coaches have had some wars of words, which has increased the temperature across the land of football greatness, which is the South. Which has the ever growing, powerful Southeastern Conference. OK and TX coming soon.

    Looking at their opponents, they will get big wins and I think, if they handle Alabama, they may run the gamut and join Utah in the CFP.  Undefeated till then. BOTHS! Sure, I will go with that. I had originally tacked them losing to Alabama, but now I just want them to run the table and push the other Biggies out. Hard to do, as I have mentioned before. Of course, Vegas money will have 'Bama, or Georgia, and certainly Ohio State, being there again.

    If BYU were to go undefeated, then the universe would be coming to an end. They are super talented, and are capable of achieving such things, with stronger defense against Baylor. Oregon and Arkansas, even Stanford are formidable obstacles.

    The Aggies have a likely better than last year Miami Hurricanes opponent, then an SEC slate that does not involve all the killers, but lacks Kentucky, Missouri, Vanderbilt... They avoid Georgia, too, probably until the SEC Championship game. Which would be an amazing thing if they arrived there. 

    Why not? Aggies and Cougars, undefeated against pretty tough schedules.

    For Utah, A&M, and BYU to go perfect till Christmas would be one in a nillion, A number that may not exist. 

    But again, why not?

    I will enjoy seeing all three trying.

    Next: teams BYU wants to pass in winning percentage. Bronco's old team, UVA, and Fresno State, Indiana, and James Madison. 



No comments:

Post a Comment