Monday, January 2, 2023

William Faulkner- Great Writer? Help me Out

 William Faulkner- Great Writer? Help me Out


    This tries to explain. I have resisted his style and substance for a long time. But this sheds some light on why I think or have thought the way that I do. I am glad I read this. I am pretty sure that I read some of his short stories, and they leave me with some ugliness. If they were his. Shot guns and people being blasted. The South. The difference between Mississippi and Georgia; there are more nuances now.

    I have also tried to enjoy Virginia Woolf, and I have struggled with that. I read one of her novels last year, overseas. Jacob's Room? Non-plussed.



1 comment:

  1. I read As I Lay Dying in High School, for a college course. I was not that impressed. I saw a recent version of the book in movie form. Disturbing, sad. I guess that's America, for you and me.

    ReplyDelete