Thursday, January 12, 2023

Final CBS Sports Rankings for 2022 - For Home School and Other Fans 1-10

Final CBS Sports Rankings for 2022 - For Home School and Other Fans 1-10

    1) Georgia finished 15-0, vanquishing runner up Texas Christian, 65-7. The Dawgs ended by being unquestionable champs, a year after they caught their nemesis and former all-time victors Alabama. The Bulldogs became a juggernaut.
    
    2) Ohio State was ranked number two, at 11-2, with not winning the Big Ten East Division, in losing to Michigan in the regular season, then losing in a competitive semi-final game to the Dawgs. They were good, but they were not that good. How about Michigan only losing to TCU by some tough bounces plus some poor calls? I go with the Wolverines as the second best.

    3) Aforementioned TCU was rated third. 12-2? They upset Michigan, as I described. Their offense was hard to stop for the Big Ten champs in that semi-final for the championship, but they also lost their Big 12 Championship to Kansas State, who was pounded by Alabama in the Cotton or Sugar Bowl, whichever that was. So again, I believe Meechigan was overall better. Craig Fowler? Meeeechigan, anyone?

    4) Michigan Wolverines. Tough luck loss to the Horned Frogs, a explained. They missed their all-star running back who will return, Blake Corum.

    5) Alabama, 11-2. They lost to Tennessee earlier on (that was spectacular, I came in from work as that was developing). They also lost to Georgia. Ha! Nick Saban can lose!

    6) Tennessee, 11-2. Pretty good year. I think their all-star QB got hurt.

    7) Penn State, 11-2. Only lost to Michigan and Ohio State, handled Utah well in the Rose Bowl.

    8) Washington Huskies. They beat the Texas Longhorns 27-20. Pretty impressive year, overall. Former Indiana QB Michael Penix was pretty nice. One of my co-workers was a homer for them. He came in late staying up late to watch the game.

    9) Tulane. Surprisingly good season, great comeback against USC (yes!) in their bowl. 12-2, very impressive. I saw it. I also watched the Rose Bowl, and the other CFP games. It was a good bowl time and holiday for me.

    10) Florida State, 10-3. Good rebound season for them. They had been struggling for a long time. Usually I love to see them lose, but this year was all right for the Seminoles.
    
    END OF FIRST part.

        None of my seven teams made the top ten. I thought that three of them had a chance, as did many of the pundits and the three (a record for me!) college football magazines that I purchased for my hopeful season. I even bought the Phil Steele mag near the end. I wanted the reports on BYU's good seasons of 2020 and 2021. 

    So there is that. Next edition, 11-20.

    


No comments:

Post a Comment