Thursday, January 12, 2023

Naismith! Thou Wretched Wizard! Thy Spell Hast Cast Its Possession Upon Us!

Naismith! Thou Wretched Wizard! Thy Demonic Spell Hast Cast Its Possession Upon Us!

    I speak for millions, perhaps billions. Yes! Billions of people. Many who have passed, and many still alive. Basketball fever has consumed us. Or at times possessed us, for a season.

    He did it, this dastardly dungeon master! Back in the 1890s, back when my grandparents and adopted grandparents were knee high to a whipper snapper, all of them far beyond the . My progenitors were wee liddle uns while this man names James put a peach basket in the rafters of a YMCA, apparently. Yes, just that.

    In Massachusetts, the old colonial state, the same place of my past generations. Basketball came from this Naismith man in Mass, as did the fruits of the loins of my ancestors. Coincidence? Perhaps not.

    And then, in some cosmic sordid and wretchedly curse of the fated stars, my parents moved to the cradle of such madness, a land known as:

    INDIANA.

    INDIANA, for crying out loud!

    I do not think that you understand. Try to comprehend...
    


No comments:

Post a Comment