Monday, January 30, 2023

Negative Thoughts Should Not Consume Us

Negative Thoughts Should Not Consume Us

    Every day we spend a lot of time thinking. Some of it is dedicated to doing the things that we need to do in order to function in basic ways. Other parts of our time is in socializing, and working, problem-solving.

    We can spend some time reflecting, some of it on the past that was successful, good, memorable in good ways, but some of it can be negative. We can beat ourselves up for a lot of negativity, when we stress about it or do not let it go. Today alone I may have haunted myself with some negative thinking, some thoughts that I bring with me from past work or jobs.

    In 2015 I remember a work time when a co-worker that I liked said something about my skills or abilities which was, "That does not inspire confidence." It was, or I believe it was a nicer way than saying, "You are not very good at doing this work." 

    Right. Yes, that is what it was. It was a product that I could have or should have been better at handling, but I was not there at that time. Or perhaps ever. It was to do with Word documents.

    Anyway, I will not let that incident or time define who I am or how I think of myself.

    We have to let go of negativity and not beat ourselves up too much.

    There are many negative things that can push into our brains and crowd out the other things.

    We should crowd in, or gather up more positive thoughts.

    Like, in 2015 I was a pretty good worker, a friend, father, patriot, and I accomplished good things. Even though I saw a co-worker in that office die a young, unfortunate death, I was glad that I knew him and got to see his kindness. I had to "respect his authoritay!". He would joke a lot. Funny guy.

    Wow, Keith O'Donnell, you are certainly missed.

    And on the positive side, I gained a lot from knowing you, and many other people at that office.

    Keep going, be positive. It is all for our good. Even with sadness, troubles, and coming up short.

3 comments:

  1. I have written about Keith before... I need to find that post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://clinchitsoonerorlater.blogspot.com/2015/10/greg-and-keith-friends-in-2015.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. And Keith did not make the comment about me. That guy came close to the time that Keith passed away. At home, not during work. He and I spoke outside memorably. He was a little stressed. Quite a pure, great guy.

    ReplyDelete