Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Yes, I Hate Peacock, and Apple, and Netlflix. And likely Paramount. Sometimes Prime, too

 Yes, I Hate Peacock, and Apple, and Netlflix. And likely Paramount. Sometimes Prime, is awful

    I pay a lot of money to watch live sports. I have most of the options, because Hulu gets me a ton of sports options. This is main reason that I pay substantial money to have this streaming device. I also pay for Disney, which gets me Star Wars shows, and Marvel, and the occasional cool documentary from National Geographic or some other random documentary. Sometimes we watch some good shows on YouTube, which is free, with commercials (love you capitalism!) like El Cid with Charleton Heston, or the Slovak or Czech movie made in 1974 that finally debuted in 1988 that I watched in college and decades later, when asked at a Book of Mormon reading, what my favorite movie was, and I described it without knowing the name. It is called, if I can look it up... translated: "Pictures of the Old World." But maybe it means the pictures of the world of the old people.

    Anyway, the art and arts are cool. But sports are mostly my thing in daily or weekly entertainment.

    Enter Peacock. They hijacked the Indiana football game this Saturday, and I am not paying more money to get it. I hate that. I pay GOOD MONEY for Hulu, to see all the important games. Not sleezy Netflix, not putrid Paramount, nor rotting Apple TV, or  whatever other idiotic streaming device is fleexing the people. I pay for Hulu, and Prime.

    Maybe I am the stooge for caring. Part of the blame is Heber J. Grant, who procured college football team for BYU in Provo in 1922, but took decades to get Lavell Edwards, who turned the gridiron Cougars into one of the coolest programs of all time. We love them. I love them.

    I also love my hometown Indiana Fightn' and Hurry'n Hoosiers, who are similar but different to the Cougars, and at a different level with head coach Curt Cignetti. 

    What times.

    Thanks for your forced coercion and extorsion, PEACOCK.

    I hate you. Maybe I will hit up someone who pays for it and watch this Saturday.

    I disdain you for stealing the Hoosiers to your own selfish, greedy selves.

    Capitalist pigs. 

    Anyway, I have first world problems and priviliges. I know.

    Should I reach out to someone with Peacock? Borrow the code from my dad, which was how I watched some IU basketball in the past?

    I want to curse them.

    Okay, not a big deal. 

    I will find a way.

    Thanks for commiserating with me. Go IU. Down with dumb NBC-affiliated Peacock. Poppycock, pure pabulum. Me and you both, stupid streamer thief and horder.

No comments:

Post a Comment