I Spoke to the Father of an Apostle of Jesus Sunday - Good Times
My church has modern day apostles. 15 of them. They are from the United States, and now from Germany, Brazil, England. And France? We are becoming more international. The original apostles selected by Jesus were fishermen and a tax collector. They were of the tribe of Judah and practiced Judaism.
My church, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, has these apostles ordained and appointed, but so do some others. Like, the ones that I have communicated with, members and leaders of the Church of Christ at the Temple Lot. They are based in Indenpendence, Missouri. Religions of all faiths have their faith and membership, believers and followers across places and ages.
The Roman Catholics have usually had the most. The Eastern Orthodox are second, normally, with maybe Baptists or Evangelicals (writ large) are huge across the world. There are both kinds, with denominations and sects of each dividing and sub-dividing. As Christians and most religions are wont to do.
I spoke almost twenty minutes with the father of one of the current nine apsotles of the church. He is 80 years old. His name is Bob Oldham, I think. He knew the apostle that I spoke with back in 1997. He said his name was Bill Sheldon. He has since passed, but his kids of ages 80, 78, and 74 are still around.
I was curious if the church may have shrunk since 1997, but according to Bob, secretary of the Church of Christ, they have grown. Perhaps smaller footprint in the United States, and Missouri, their base, but they have expanded in Africa, the Phillpines, and the Yucatan in Mexico.
They do still believe in the Book of Mormon, so people are receiving the message of the latter day restoration.
There is no--lost my train of thought.
Thousands or millions, or even billions, the numbers do not determine the veracity of the message, the truthfulness of the faith and beliefs.
Who believes that the American born guy from Chicago, Robert Francis Prevost , Pope Leo the XIV. The first Leo, or next Leo, since him? Italian, named Gioacchino Vincenzo Raffaele Luigi Pecci, who was Pope from 1878 to 1903.
There. The Lord's anointed.
There you have it.
Blog on.
No comments:
Post a Comment