Sunday, September 13, 2026

Conferences After Two Point Twoish Weeks in 2026. College Football.

Conferences After Two Point Twoish Weeks in 2026. College Football.

    How are the Conferences Doing So Far?

    American Conference. 14 Teams.  Only 3 teams undefeated. South Florida, Tulsa, and U. Texas San Antonio. Not that great. Maybe North Texas is the best one. I hope so, because I like the former Indiana QB Tavveon Jackson. And, my kids did some fun church time on the North Texas campus. Denton, I think.

    Army and Navy have taken some lumps.

    Atlantic Coast Conference. 17 teams. 8 left without a loss. They are: Miami, SMU, Virginia, Duke, North Carolina, Pittsburgh, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest. Hmmm... My favorite of them? Virginia. But I have less reason to like them the last couple years. I kind of like Tech in some ways more. Things can switch outside my childhood favs. Not Duke. Not Pitt... Definitely not Miami. I do not like the ACC that much. Sorry.

    Big Ten. 18 teams. 11 left without a defeat. Indiana, USC, Iowa, Maryland, Michigan, Michigan State, Nebraska, Penn State, UCLA, Washington, Northwestern. (Only 1-0.) Ohio State and Oregon blew it this weekend. Minnesota looks bad. Illinois choked, and Purdue blinked. Rutgers lookes really bad, and I have tickets! Should be some cake walking.

    Big 12. 16 teams. 8-- half-- still with no losses. BYU, Cincy, Colorado, Houston, Kansas State, Texas Tech, Utah, West Virginia. Could BYU or Texas Tech be the national champ? Utah? Hmmmm... Likely not the Utes. Cougars, may not be good enough on defense. We need Sione Moa back as a runner.  Play better. Yeah.

    Conference USA. 10 teams. All have lost! Waa waa, as my son would say. Which one is the best? Maybe none. Not the Flames... I think.

    Independents. 2 teams. Notre Dame is 2-0. UConn lost this weekend. Fear that Turtle.

    Mid American Conference. 13 teams: Only UMass remains without a loss! They were picked 138th by Lindy's or Athlon! Haha. Magazines. What do they know? Not much.

    Mountain West. 10 teams. North Dakota State and New Mexico have not lost. Only two. This conference has changed a lot.

    PAC 12. Eight (measly) teams. Colorado State and... that is it. They should have invited Brigham Young in 2010. Or 2011. They imploded with no tv deals, too, but they tried to break up the Holy War. Their loss. Big Ten and ACC got you now. Plus the Big 12.

    SEC. 16 teams. Lossless? 13. Those WITH a loss: Kentucky, Arkansas, and Oklahoma. Sorry Boomer Sooners. Michigan does have talent. Despite the gift against Western Michigan. Broncos are okay. They look strong and good to win this fall.

    Sun Belt. 14 teams. Whoo. Appalachian State is it with 0 in the loss column.

    Tough day for the Big Ten. SEC is looking better overall.

    On to week 3.

    See ya, coach potatoes.

    Are we coach spuds? Maybe. Nah, we move and jerk. We are active enough.

    My waist line is going down. Sure.

    Thanks Hegseth for the Panty Waist initiative. I was warned to watch my digital footprint about these things. Sure, will do. Good loooking out.



    

    

    

    

    

    

No comments:

Post a Comment