Sunday, September 6, 2026

Quiet Quitting, Not Trying, Being Mediocre, Not Stressing, Pacing Oneself. Apathy, Survival

Quiet Quitting, Not Trying, Being Mediocre, Not Stressing, Pacing Oneself. Apathy, Survival

    I remember giving up on some mathematical assignments in middle school. The word problems at Binford in 6th or 7th grade became untenable for me. Perhaps I needed better coaching, better critical organizing. I needed Artificial Intelligence, perhaps. I needed to care more. Be sharper at nailing those skills. But it was not intuitive to me, and I did not drive myself enough. I did not care, and I would quietly quit.
    Same with the stupid cooking class with all the Weight Loss formulas. Too much. I gave up.

    Was it 6th grade, too, where I gave up on War and Peace because a teacher told me to stop it?. I should have followed on. I failed.

    Parents had their problems, and perhaps apathy set in based on my own mental neurapathies. Perhaps not the right word for that.

    Patterns of quiet quitting, I might call it. You, too.

    I quit football, for some good reasons. I would give up on other homeworks, other classes. Sometimes in Scouting. Quiet quitting and giving up interest.

    Even Spanish, sometimes.

    It would happen. Throughout life.

    Too much, poor patterns.

    Maybe surviving, coping. Existing. Moving along. 

    Quietly quitting. Not living up to potential.

    Pacing, but being medicre.

    Too much apathy. Not enough passion.

    All those things.

    There are other words for it.

    Settling. Laziness.

    Sure. Fear of trying too much. Getting along with okay.

    So many examples.

    This is who we are, or who we can be.

    

    

No comments:

Post a Comment