Wednesday, August 12, 2026

When I Feel Less Than, or Inadequate, it Should not Lead to Depression or Envy

When I Feel Less Than, or Inadequate, it Should not Lead to Depression or Envy

    But it can. It does, for some moments. Or hours. Maybe days.

    However, some things will shake me from the doldrums. Others. A book. A song.

    Life and work, maybe family or wonder.

    I am not that bad.

    I can be really good!

    I can be high and hubristic.

    Not the best, prideful and pompous. Or more likely vain.

    Vanity, and wrong feelings.

    And maybe sloth and gluttony enter in.


    As we may be.

    This is how we can be. Could be.

    We are.


    I dance like a fool.

    I can think like one, too.

    We all do, and can.

    But: I may be redeemed.

    I will.

    And I will not think that that guy or that guy is so much better than me, and I less desirable.

    I am desirable, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment