Sunday, August 30, 2026

The Three Person Culture Hypothesis, Explained

 The Three Person Culture Hypothesis, Explained

    I have this thought that all cultures, be they political, historical, national, linguistic, professional, social, have three top people that define that them and give them meaning.

    For example, in the United States of America culture, I could go with George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, and Martin Luther King. Between those three personas, we have the rudiments of what or who our culture as Americans is. Not to slight Canada or Mexico or Brazil as Americans, too. We are all North and South Americans.

    Each culture. Who are the three? China: Confucious, another pivatol leader or thinker, maybe Dao, and Mao Zedong.

    American football, or baseball, or basketball. Jazz. All the Ken Burns topics in documentaries. Art. Movies. Wars. Space travel. All the James Michener stories. 

    Religions. Music. Literature. Business. Economy.

    Terrorism. Communism. Rebellion. Protest. Make up. Telecommunications. 

    On and on.

    The three can change over time.

    Artificial intelligence.

    Engineering.

    Nuclear technology.

    Did I say religion? Philosophy?

    Dance. Architecture.

    You name it. 

    Teaching.

    Who are your three? What are your cultures?

No comments:

Post a Comment