I Have Not Spent a Month in South Carolina, All Told
I thought this would be part of my bragging rights. What does it matter, in the end? In the three or so weeks that I have been there, did I make a difference in my life or in those of others?
Maybe. I influenced a few people that I was with before being rocked for being five pounds overweight. Yeah, there were a few good moments in that week or so. I have memories of some of them. The two guys from Chicago. The cyber guys, kind of geeks. Was it the law enforcement personnel?
The women, maybe five of them or so. The immediate guys in my room, and the guys next door. The riddles, the comraderie. Not bad.
The week in 1998 with my college friends. John, Rhea, Chris, Jim, Kristin. Jared Asay. His former girlfriend.
The community of Saints, we are.
My own family. Eating at Waffle House, playing mini-golf. I got mad. I needed patience, I was learning. The beaches. The cruise. Leaving the stuffed tiger behind, getting it later.
South Carolina. The propaganda.
The annoying song that I heard and repeated (somewhat regretably) to others...
Yeah.
Thanks Steve Colbert and Air Force guy PM. Friend of Elizabeth Bailey.
Great times.
No comments:
Post a Comment