Tuesday, August 11, 2026

Dixie Ault. Kind Sister, Faithful Woman, Mother and Friend

 Dixie Ault. Kind Sister, Faithful Woman, Mother and Friend

    I did not know her that well, but in many ways I think that I did. I grew up knowing her and all her kids. 

    An old family friend had just mentioned one her sons, Chris, one evening. She had passed the next day, or that is when I found out.

    I picture her in my memories from decades past: warm, loving, a great soul. 

    Her children bespeak part of her greatness. The eldest, Wayne, serve a mission in Japan, and moved to the DC area as a lawyer. Right? Then Chris, who perhaps stayed in Indiana and got into the coffin business. Right? Did he serve in Japan, too. I cannot remember. I thought that he was a wonderful baby sitter. Funny, classy guy. Maybe he served in Italy. Or was that Matt, who came next? I recall one of them showing photos and sharing memories and experience of the Roman peninsula.

    The last three I knew best. Tommy went to Taiwan. He loved it, he was blown away. He married a local girl from that island. Did he live in Paris, Illinois? Where I have family now? I bumped into him in Nauvoo, Illinois. That, maybe in 1997. Or 1998.

    April. A family and church friend who was my age. We hung out a few times growing up. She invited me to audition for a part in a musical our senior year. I made it and we did it. Amazing memory for me. Did she serve a mission? Hmmm. I think so? Man, my memory. Married and had kids. Like her brothers. Men and women of faith, like their mom and dad.

    Andy. We hung out quite a few times, upon him returning from his mission in Argentina. We later helped our friend Dave start up a charity. It did not last too long, But it helped some Guatemalan children have a better future.

    Dixie was part of our better past, present, and future. 

    She has now joined Curtis, another beloved part of my past, my hometown, my church, my life.

    Great and sweet memories trace back to the 1970s, and now on into the eternities.

    We love her, and everything that she was about. Family, God, church, and country.

    May we cherish her and her family forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment