My IPhone is My Robot Friend - Realizations
Yesterday I accidentally left my phone at home, which was unusual. I have done this a few times over the years, commuting to work. But this time I did not remember that I had forgot it till I had returned to my car after my day's work, and the warm commute home.
I had a couple realizations. One, that I depended on my phone as my companion. Giving me the best driving routes and time estimates, and showing where my family might be, and sharing messages to me through texts and emails. Some of the those messages can be vital.
Tonight I just finished Nexus by Yuval Harari. Thinking about robots and algothythms. AI and all that.
The present and future.
Roger Waters composed Perfect Sense I and II, which depicts Hal 2000 being killed by the astronaut Dave, from my favorite sci-fi's author classic novel and subsequent movie. A Space Oddysey.
The movie of Greek origins has been huge this summer.
Is this the past, present, and future?
Yes.
Thank you, Apple.
No comments:
Post a Comment