Monday, December 19, 2022

Props to Grant Wahl - Messi and MBappe Make it a Spectacle - Fall 2022

Props to Grant Wahl - Messi and MBappe Make it a Spectacle - Fall 2022

    He was 48; he brought a lot to the sport that he covered. Futbol, or soccer. He died of an accumulated illness that beset him in Qatar, during the tournament that means so much. For billions. Our 8 billion earth inhabitants follow so many sports, and arguably soccer (football) is the biggest.
    I did not know much about Mr. Wahl but it is a gift to be able to cover and report on sports, and then to do it so well. Hemingway followed bullfighting and fishing, ostensibly, and the rest of us came along to dissect and discuss the sports of human nature. Even horse riding, or dog shows, are part of our earthly sojourn of our comings, goings, and musings. We  enjoy spectacles, and Grant Wahl was part of the analysis and wonder. 
    Thank you and may all your survivors be all right with your successful life and early demise.

    Thank you. I wish I could evoke or reach one small percentile of what you did. I like sports. I am fascinated, and it will not stop. Many things interest me, not just human athletic feats and competition. But athletic competition certainly brings to light very fascinating scenarios.

    Like Argentina versus France yesterday. I was driving, and missed it. Two people in my family reported that Argentina won it 2-0. Nope. It was a lot more epic than that.

    We know now, some say the best of all time. 3-3 after overtime. Argentina in Penalty kicks.

    I was glad; I did not France to repeat. Argentina had not won since the 80s and the 70s.

    Good for South America.Messi has secured his legacy.
The beautiful game. Not my favorite, but it is pretty good.

And my college team lost their third championship in a row. IU to ... Syracuse. More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment