Friday, December 16, 2022

Ian, Lance, Seth, Jason, Jonathan, Robert, Elders, Roomies, and On and On - Friends Keep Coming and Going

Ian, Lance, Seth, Jason, Jonathan, Robert, Elders, Roomies, and On and On - Friends Keep Coming and Going

    I have had some friends over the years, and they have come and gone. Consistently in and out of life. Sometimes I wish to re-connect with them, and I have written specifically about the ones that I was closest to as a middle schooler and a high schooler.

    It is good to have friends. It has been good to have friends. I like to recall a few things about those days and people. Also, I am leaving out some significant ones. Jacob Smith, Jonathan Murray, 

    Ian Noyes
    At ages 6-8 or so, it was Ian Noyes two house doors away. We were pretty tight buddies. Sometimes I was mean to him, physically or emotionally cruel, and that was not good. Perhaps I was experimenting with my powers? We played Star Wars, war in general, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, MatchBox cars, jumping down the basement stairs, climbing trees, riding our bikes... I am not sure how much we would swim at the pool across the street. He moved away when his mother married Ed Lambeth across town. We played a few more times when I would spend the night over there in Park Ridge East. Did we watch T.V.? I cannot remember. He had a Luke Skywalker doll, I think, larger size. I had my Boba Fett. Did he have Chewbacca, too? Not too many memories from his house, maybe two or three times.

    Lance Allen

    Lance and I became buddies in fourth grade, and recess was the time for us to bond and shine. We played Nerf football two-hand touch. Passing and catching, running, and dominating. We always were on the same team. In sixth grade in ...

TO BE CONTINUED



No comments:

Post a Comment