Thursday, December 8, 2022

Bad Things are Happening, But Sports Provides Some Lighter Times

Bad Things are Happening, But Sports Provides Some Lighter Times

    Sometimes I think about why I like sports so much. I have played a bit of them since I was little, and I continue to do so. I am in my fifties, but still okay competitive. Many times, I lose when I play. But I still enjoy it. I also follow quite a few teams and sports. Some people think that this is too frequent, too much. I can see their point. But I have enjoyed this for a long time, and I can write about it too! Not a total waste.

    Bad things now? Yes, a few things are not so great. Even sad. There are many good things that I am grateful for, but allow me to elaborate on the negative ones for a second. 

    1. My dad is not being liked; some people are really displeased with him right now. I want to help him and those that are upset with him, but then it is kind of complicated, because I cannot really figure out how to assist him and them. He is my dad, and obviously has some imperfections. Some things have to be by his rules, because he feels like he has earned these things. And many of these issues have caused hard feelings.

   2. My ex-brother-in-law has been issued an eviction notice, and it affects his daughters, my nieces, and there has been a lot of tears and crying. He needs to figure out how to move on, and get better, because there are a lot of people who have given up on helping, because they feel used or abused, and it seems to be an intractable situation.

  3. A lot of Ukrainians are hurting, so many assaulted and killed. It is perpetually cold there now and the power is being targeted by Russian forces. Russia is having tough times, by the choices of their so-called superiors.

  4. Bad things are happening with illicit drugs, almost everywhere. Drug runners and cartels continue to kill, the users and abusers suffer and die, costing many others their peace and peace of mind. All the addicts lead to robberies and thefts, heartache and misery. I have a friend who is locked up, soon to be sentenced, for about 17 felonies and 6 misdemeanors. Whooh. Not good.

    So, yeah, sports is a good thing to distract. Or entertain. Or educate. Can I go that far? Maybe.

    I will write about the basketball men's stinkers next, like UNC, Dayton, Louisville, maybe Florida State. And yeah, the BYU Cougars seem pretty stinky now, too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment