Friday, December 9, 2022

I Forgot about the Winter Olympics

 I Forgot about the Winter Olympics

    Watching the World Cup today (Croatia beat Brazil in penalty kicks), I saw some articles about the Winter Olympics that took place earlier this year. About eleven months ago. I was working outside the country, and I did not have my own television. I could watch some things at an office T.V., and some things on my Phone when I had Wi-Fi, and also I saw some screens when I was in the cafeterias and in some game rooms. 
    Did I enjoy seeing things? Yes, I had forgotten about it! Beijing? Some part of the mountains of China? People complaining about the concentration camps, (I was among them, I think I wrote a few things on LinkedIn). And likely a bit on my blog, I have to review.
    The Winter Games of '22. Sure, they are not as popular as the Summer Games. I missed a lot those, too, the summer before in the desert heat of 2021. Oh, man, it was hot! And the games were played in Japan with all the COVID-19 protocols.

    Last winter was much more pleasant weather, and that was better for me. Did I watch some hockey? Yeah, probably some. I think that I watched some (Canada national sport), sometimes I forget what it is called: curdling. Curdling? Sure, I have played the video game version. That has been a little entertaining to me in past years.

    Yes, the Winter Games. Less of us ski, and ice skate, and do those winter sports. I do not follow much hockey. A smaller percentage of the world population participate in ice dancing, and shooting, cross-country racing.

   Downhill skiing. The bob sled and the luge.

    But here is those athletes and winners! Enjoy the ice and snow. I will head to the Caribbean.


No comments:

Post a Comment