Thursday, December 15, 2022

Brigham Young Football versus the SMU Mustangs - Nervous Nellies Unite!

Brigham Young Football versus the SMU Mustangs - Nervous Nellies Unite!

    This is a good matchup. I cannot recall all the expectations for the Mustangs, but BYU disappointed many this year, while ending up with a record that others predicted. We were certainly not picked to crash and burn at the Liberty Flames, or lose all of October. 0-5? There were respectable wins over Baylor and Boise State near the beginning and end, and we will take Utah State (bowl bound) and Stanford victories, but still. The losses to Oregon and Notre Dame were okay, albeit embarrassing to the Ducks, and then the October thing got worser and worser... Like my grammar. I have to review who we lost to before the Flames and the Pirates... October was hard. Beating the Broncos, I think on the Smurf Turf (I missed the game), was a reprieve for an okay season. November fixed a lot of the mid-season ills.
    
    And... more later. I guess my writing motivation has been low lately.

    More about Cougs later, like Jaren Hall being hurt, maybe not playing. Lapini Katoa hurt... Conover leaving... Guys leaving, etcetera.



    

No comments:

Post a Comment