Monday, December 19, 2022

Odessa to Texarkana - Days and Nights

Odessa to Texarkana

    Days and nights in Texas. Part of our lives, memories, joys, and lessons learned.

    The year was 2014: Our family of seven was traveling; I thought that I would be doing a class that would pay me, and possibly come with a greater pay off, depending on how I tested at the end of the two or three week course.

    But the class did not happen.

    Instead, I stayed with my family; we traveled across the West, with family, and then we took the long trek back to the East Coast. This included a lot of Texas. The whole length of it, and more, it seemed.

    We could not find open hotel rooms in places like ... Who was that cowboy legend? Pecos! Oil riggers filled up the hotel rooms, we had to move on to the east, later and later, till we hit Odessa.

    We found a dumpy place for 80 so. Then a little drama. But the place was quite ghetto.

TO BE CONTINUED



No comments:

Post a Comment