Monday, February 13, 2023

Mice in the Circle of Life

 Mice in the Circle of Life

    On a Saturday I checked my gear. I don't look at it a lot. I was hoping to review this small, packed space, and find a lost library book. Well, that was more the next day. As I opened my locked area this first morning, I felt the new reaffirmation that my book was not there. But really, I was there to check on some other equipment. However, this book has been missing for almost a year. I may have to shell out the 30 bucks for it. Not the worst. But I am still holding out hope to find it. I have never lost one before... Perhaps someone else lost it. I did leave the country for a while...
    But instead of going through my things thoroughly, I was faced with some weird papery and even plastic and metal shavings. Nothing in my brain alerted me about small vermin or mammals that like to burrow and gnaw. I removed some of the shavings, and I carried on.
    The next day came, however, and then I saw the damage. A hat had a hole in it. A plastic reflector light arm band had some gnawings in it. I am not sure if works yet. I found more holes, more shavings, and then the offending member. A little packet of pretzels had awoken this burrower. 
    A laundry bag had been eaten through. Damage. No other bags of food had been ravaged or penetrated. I removed those. They were more protected than the pretzels. Maybe the metal parts caused damage to the mouse. Or rat.
    What Chinese year is it? Is it the year of the Rat? No, it is the rabbit.

    Oswald, the brother of Mickey, is a rabbit. We have one at work.

    And I digress, really, but I am sharing the scene. The scenes in my mind. The time and place this deep into the winter of 2023. We had some cold rains and some wintry mixes later.

What else to say? No more pretzels, no more random food items in that place. Although there might be some candy or stuff in that gym bag...

    March will inform us more...
    

No comments:

Post a Comment