Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Happy Black History Month - Learning and Growing, Together

Happy Black History Month - Learning and Growing

    It is February, and it is Black History month. Each year we recognize it; some of us take time to learn about African-Americans in our country and throughout our history. I like doing this. For me, an Anglo-American, I realize that we as a country are as great as we are because of the diversity and the presence and contributions from all Americans, and even many foreigners.

    Last year I found myself in uniform for my country, becoming a small but perhaps significant part of our nation's history, living in barracks by night and in an office compound by day, all of us wearing green, but each of us reflecting different backgrounds and ethnicities. I was in close quarters and contact with men and women of color, to include a good number of African-Americans. 

    It was good. Good for me. Hopefully good for them by my part. Not all is black and white in our social inter-actions, that is not what I am trying to convey.

    Much of the time, race was not at play. It did not make up most of our dialog or thoughts.

    We celebrate our time as Americans, we celebrate all Americans, we celebrate all our history, both the good times and the bad times.

    We celebrate Black America, White America, ALL AMERICA!

    And the world.

    Happy Black history month.

    I know that God favors us all.
And I think that I have much more to say about general and specific things.

Rest in Peace, Tyre Nichols.

Let us figure out this law enforcement thing.

1 comment:

  1. Like, let's stop taking mind altering drugs. Was Tyre high when he was pulled over? Was he driving while impaired? So many lives messed up. Sorry for this end.

    ReplyDelete