Saturday, February 4, 2023

Failing and Winning, Trying and Returning

Failing and Winning, Trying and Returning

    I thought to myself, and I pose it to others: what year did you fail the most?

    For me I have years where I failed in big and small ways. Some years were good overall, but made less successful through some key failures.

    2018 was a key year of some failures to me, but overall the year was successful. But the implications of the failures still haunt me now, or have stayed with me.

    Weigh-in, tape for body fat.

    Push-ups.

    I was 47, and 48. Older, perhaps not the time for such things.

    But that is what I have found myself in.

    Language testing, many failures. The positive results lead to little, at times.

    I failed a few courses back in high school, some math and chemistry. Hard sciences. I can manage my way through social sciences. I can write, still, and I could write then. But I could not always balance chemical bonds and mathematical formulas. In physics it was a toss-up. I passed those, but not well.

    I passed some things. In high school. On a church mission. In college. In work. In life.

    I liked the mission, the lack of grades. Trying was succeeding. But there were some failures on that excursion, too. A missionary trip, some have called it. A trip for almost two years. In the military they call it a tour, a deployment, or rotation. I have now done one of those. 

    There were some failures there, but not too many.

    We keep trying and returning, and the failures may become wins.

    That is what I hope and work for.

    Trying again, learning, returning to old scenes of failures and successes.


No comments:

Post a Comment