Monday, November 7, 2022

Things Afoot, Times and Seasons

 Things Afoot, Times and Seasons

    A warm weekend in November. Welcome overall. Things were the same but different. I didn't have to drive a truck. That's a break. I was able to slightly doze a couple times because of it. Nice break. I watched construction along the ever-busy freeway. Ever-constructing.

    Talked to others, told jokes about Mexico. Or Mexicans. Or characters that were Mexican. Another guy started it, with names of Toto and Juan. Involving a "bacon tree" and a "ham bush". I changed it to Arabs. I mentioned it to the original joke teller; he thought the joke worked because of the foreign accents. I thought it worked with that too, with the added conflict over the pork...

    I told a few, like the "face rings a bell", "dead ringer for his father". A few others. "What?! I cannot understand what you are saying!". Another deemed religious, the fan in the kitchen keeping things cool.

    We practiced riot control. One of us was concussed, not to work for ten days. Some others got scraped up, I thought of taking a guy's baton. I came close, but the aggressor was corrected forcefully by his leader. Lots of tear gas, but it was not that potent. My mask worked effectively.

    The weather was warm the weekend before the national elections. My youngest and her friend slept outside. A bear meandered by our house Saturday evening, we got video footage.

    People had never seen this in decades.

    Elections are up this Tuesday.

    Things may be afoot.

    Ukraine entering the cold months, with the rest of Europe. The Russians are still figuring things out, as the rest of us.

    Taiwan is between the sizes of Maryland and South Carolina.

    China beckons.

    I speak next week at church, as do my wife and son.

    Thinking of quoting some Drake. Haha. Wishin' and wishin' and wishin'... And wishin'.

    On me.

    Something is afoot.



No comments:

Post a Comment