Sunday, November 13, 2022

Talks and Sermons and Faith Promoting Rumors

 Talks and Sermons and Faith Promoting Rumors

        I spoke in church today, to maybe some 150 people. Or so. One watched via video, virtually. We call these "talks". Many in the Christian community call them sermons. So be it. Amen.

    (My wife and I spoke also.)

    I spoke about how I like to have more reverential music on Sunday, our Sabbath. To be in a more reverent mood, to not offend God as much. Something like that. Maybe I rambled a bit. I talked about missing church last week because of work, telling my co-workers that my family was at church while I was working with them. Silence. To me that was worth noting. Kind of funny, I thought. Silence. 

    The Bible has a case history of a thousand families and people, to learn from. The messages of the prophets are valuable, according to me and others.

    I talked about the historical context of the book of Hosea, and then Joel.

    I shared about how Hosea was one of the last prophets of the Northern Kingdom, and he influenced future prophets like Ezekiel and Isaiah (no, I forgot to include that). I did emphasize the love of God that would restore the kingdom of God in the last days. I told the audience, the congregation, how we know that God wins, so do not leave the church. Stick with it.

    Joel spoke of the Spirit of God, and Pentecost, which is mentioned in Acts, and Revelations, and later from the Angel Moroni to Joseph Smith. And that we can and should have moments where we are filled with the Holy Ghost, externally, but more internally.

    Yes, maybe that is my imperfect summary. 

    I have the notes on my notes from the chaplain's class from my deployment. 

    Good memories. Great stuff.

    Blog it.



No comments:

Post a Comment