Sunday, November 20, 2022

Every City has a Black Mall

Every City has a Black Mall

    People on the radio have said that every city (they mean in the United States) has a Black mall. They mentioned that this mall (a conglomeration of many stores and vendors inside one complex) would have more than one Foot Locker. The implication is that the Black community cares greatly about kicks. Shoes. Footwear.

    Huh. A White man, involved with a show about comedy, these people recounted, questioned whether if there really was a "Black mall". I do not doubt these radio speakers, most from Southside Chicago and one from Atlanta.

    I believe them. They are recounting reality.

    A comment from me about malls and shoe stores: I learned about the talking mina bird at a shoe store at my town mall. I grew up in a town, not a city. It is becoming a city. In the 2020s.


    Growing up in the Midwest, frequently visiting Massachusetts and the D.C. area, I was not aware that there were Black Malls. Most of my adult life I was unaware of this, too. We would visit malls in Indianapolis and Louisville. I have been to ones across the country now, Utah and California, Virginia and a few other states. And a few in South America and the Middle East.
_____________

    I believe that a Foot Action southeast of D.C. was in on a heist of my wife's vehicle, which we reported to the law enforcement two different places. Metro PD and national park service. The latter looked at our van but did not see the hole drilled in the driver's door. The former thought that they knew who stole or burglarized our van, my wife's purse and credit card, I.D.s (to include a military one, which can be a headache), and my son's pocketknife.

    I started on writing about Black malls, and ended by describing a burglary of my family.

    The crime occurred at the National Mall of the District of Colombia. The Mall.

    Not a Black mall. The nation's. All of our mall.

    That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment