Sunday, July 24, 2022

Existential Angst About Writing, Meaning, Impact, Legacy, Truth, Existence, Purpose, and a Few Other Things

Existential Angst About Writing, Meaning, Impact, Legacy, Truth, Existence, Purpose, and a Few Other Things

    Yeah, that is not a lot to unpack. To explicate. To break down.

    Not much at all. Cue the irony bells. It happens to all if us. Sometimes we have or suffer the distinct urge to explain everything. Or at least explain, justify, or put a finger on oneself. Myself. Ourselves. Life. Things. If not all things, then perhaps a really crucial, key things.

    I, like many others, have tried writing a book, a novel, but it is more a reflection, quasi-memoir. It has fiction based on reality. I started it last fall, about November of 2021. I am about to get it done this deep in July, 2022.

    I started this attempt while working with the military in the Middle East.

    So, perhaps this book will take care of some of the big or small questions that I have, that we have, that some people have.

    The name of the proposed book: The Watchman: A Reflection of Afghanistan and the World We Share.

    The main character, Brian Williamson, is about 30 percent me, and 70 percent based on others and my imagination.

         All of it to help me, us, whomever, figure things out.

    It might have an impact. We shall see.



No comments:

Post a Comment