Monday, February 26, 2024

Jeremy, The Who, and Wondering About Our Past

Jeremy, The Who, and Wondering About Our Past


    I've written about him before. I have thought about him recently, too. I thought about whether he took his own life or maybe it was an accident. Over twenty years later it may not matter, not in the bigger scheme of things. He is gone. He died. I have read his obituary numerous times over the years.

    I heard The Who tonight, while in my living room by our streaming device and service. A song I did not know, but I knew the style of The Who, either Roger Daltry or Pete Townsend. Names I learned from him, at his house on Maxwell. He almost never came to my home.

    We would call WBWB and request songs. Sometimes it worked. He would dance in silly ways to Solid Gold Dancers. He was silly, and troubled, and could bother us all.

    That was part of our shared past. The elementary school grades, then middle school and high school grades, as all of us drifted farther and farther apart. Jake, Pat, Pete, and Thomas. And others, all of us further and distant.

    Decades later, most of us are still here. And maybe some of them, like me, have random or even poignant memories of Jeremy.

    God rest him and his family.

No comments:

Post a Comment