Saturday, February 17, 2024

I Made a Three in 2024! I was not shooting them so well...

 I Made a Three in 2024!


    Prior to these last few weeks and months when with my group of basketball buddies, many of whom can shoot the three really well, and many of whom encourage me to shoot my shot more, I had not made a three point shot for quite a while. Like, not this year, averaging playing 7-8 games once per week.

    The last time that I remember shooting and missing so many threes in a row was one day, likely an afternoon, down in Chile between four of us: me, a 34 year-old, and three young guys, like 20, 18, maybe 15. The ball was not good and the rim was poor, and I could not hit a stupid three.

    Frustrating.

    In 2022, maybe, I went a stretch over various weeks when I hit 18 out of 20, I think. That was my best time ever, probably.

    Normally on a given day I will hit 2 out of 5, or maybe 2 out of 6. Not great, not bad.

    Perhaps my worst stretch ever was in 2008 when I hurt my shoulder, and I could not shoot for almost six months. That was bad. Barely a trifecta in half a year! At age 37 into 38.

    I am well into my 50s now.  

    But I can, and should, still hit the three point shot.

    More to come in 2024... 

    We hope. Nothing is guaranteed.

1 comment:

  1. And that time in Chile, two on two half court? Maybe 0 of 30!

    ReplyDelete