Thursday, March 20, 2014

Family Trips to See the Past

(Second iteration. First was erased for technical difficulty yesterday evening; only 5-7 lines).

Last night I read off a list of blog title posts that I had written a week or so ago to compose. The one that my daughter Madhya chose for me tho write is this (see above). I cannot remember specifically what I was going to write about, but like a lot of blogs I start writing and see how it goes. And occasionally update or adapt.

It was something like...

I have been in a nostalgic thinking or memory-scan mode lately due to the death of my mother. It makes you think back on the past, and I have done so through this blog, writing the eulogy for her services, talking and reminiscing with friends and loved ones, or simply mentioning a few things about my mom, like yesterday at work. But I did not happen to mention her passing.

This is the closest person ever to die to me; it is a new experience. As I have said before, I am grateful to be this age (at least) when this happened. We hoped for longer, but death is part of our life and we cannot do all the choosing about when it happens.

I will post now and write more about trips later. Family trips.

....to be continued...

Some major trips that we took, were camping ones...

More later (24 March '14). 

No comments:

Post a Comment