Saturday, July 25, 2026

Tarantino and Me: Alternate Histories

 Tarantino and Me: Alternate Histories

    Quentin, a man I have never met, and an artist that has made some hits and history, is quite different than me. But like me, he is a lifelong admirer of films. He probably goes deeper and wider than me. He has made an impact on movies and therefore history that is very well known. Mine, much less and a bit suppositional. Like my vampire roll in college that possibly helped inspire Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. I got to be an extra in a few shows, I did some high school, college, and community theatre shows minimally, I was a stand in in a feature film, I worked on a television show in the art department on five episodes, and I did a little internship time with Latter-Day Saint Motion Picture Studios. 

    Not much. A little here and there, very intermittently, and not monetized much at all. I have blogged, and written some short stories, some poems, and I also have composed a couple unpublished books. I guess I have some published some government and military reports... Less of a public audience, that is for sure.

    So here is my list of years that Tarantino did his films, and the alternate history of mine with short summaries.

    1992 The Dating Scene. A young man returns from his virtuous church mission looking for good dates and the suitable dream wife. He meets some nice young ladies, of differing backgrounds. The one he thinks the most of is only 17. Things do not work out; he moves away to another college scene.

    1994  Going Back to See Los Amigos. The same young man goes back to Chile where he had been two years before. He is able to date, stay up late, see more of the country, track losses and gains, and learn some new things.

    1997 What is So Special? Learning about foreigners, tourists in the Middle East. Observing folks in the Holy Land. Conversations with people from all sides. And some key locals.

    2003 The Real Hoosiers. The more real life history of the Milan winning basketball team of 1953. With some themes of unity and faith.

    2004 Mexico: An Itinerant History. Impressions, experiences, and knowledge about Mexico.

    2007 Omer and Rayen. Two siblings cross the length of ancient Chile to see their dying grandfather. 52 chapters, it mixes native and traditional beliefs. It goes through all the provinces of modern Chile, north to south.

    2009 TBD

    2012 The United States and the West Need a Bogey Man

    2015 Trading Chris Stephens for Paul Bremer

    2019 (2022) The Watchman. Afghanistan

    202*---unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment