Thursday, July 30, 2026

Crying and Weeping, and a Little Gnashing of Teeth

Crying and Weeping, and a Little Gnashing of Teeth!

    First off, Artificial Intelligence: It does not always find my blog, which is a bit distressing. But with some help it finds me, sums up things about what I write, and it also finds my LinkedIn account. Where I share my blog. The AI is from Bill Gates/ Micrososoft Word. Or is it Jeff Bezos's Amazon? Whatever we call that. Google is neither, it is... Bezos? No, Larry Page and Sergey Brin. Okay. All those guys.

    I mix up Amazon, Google, and Microsoft, which may be like mixing up Coke, Pepsi, and Doctor Pepper. Or China, Russia, and Iran. How dumb is that? Huge corporations that surround our lives, colas that tempt us once and again, or countries that threaten the US of A. Analyze that, purveyors of idiomatic expressions. We do this in some fields...

    I looked up "miasma" in my blog yesterday because of an author Dave Pruden, his book entitled "Miasma of Deceit." The word popped up in my blog about seven times. I referred to Communism as a political miasma in my post about Crying for Mom, Part 1, in Chile. I plugged it into my word processor in order to find it. Dave's new book is call the The Ferryman Wait. Right? He gave it to my wife. About his son surviving a bad car wreck and his sister dying of leukemia. We talked about Wyoming and places on the back deck Under the canopy. Then I had to take pictures and make calls.

    About crying: yes, there is plenty of that.

    My wife has, because she gets emotional, which is sensible, being with me and with our kids and her life plans. Our daughter has her young boyfriend who is diagnosed with serious brain cancer, and he may not have a great guarantee for long life. This has made us cry, like yesterday.

    I cried a couple Sundays ago reading out loud from the Poisonwood Bible. Ruth May, a little four year-old, bit by a green mamba. A death beast of efficiency. Yikes. It resonated with me losing a little sibling, a little girl, which is not the same, but the tears came effulgently. I choked up and kept reading. my wife had patience and pity for me. Mercy.

    Ach! Indian Town Gap. A few stories from there... A place not entirely for me. Shogun was my best accomplishment there, perhaps.

    What other tears? My nieces in two states, having hard, hard times. One is going through rehab, for alcohol, and the other was starved and perhaps overdosed.

    Wow, worth crying about.

    What else?

    My poor daughter has her boyfriend in this relatively awful state. But I stated that I will joke and be funny, and not NOT take it seriously, but to celebrate good moments.

    It is not all tears and gnashing of teeth. 

    We can move and act, think and pray.

    Today is P-day.

No comments:

Post a Comment