Saturday, March 2, 2024

March Madness and Good, or Great Things Can Happen

March Madness: Good, or Great Things Can Happen

    Maybe to my team, BYU. The men. They might do some special things this month. They have the right tools to go far. Defense and savvy have to come in play. As anything. Brigham Young goes 9 to 10 players deep and all of them bring some possibilities to the fore. Great three-point shooting and give and go passing to the basket. Five guys can nail the three. No, six. Knell, Johnson, Hoffman, Khalifa, Hall, and Robinson. Noah is an x factor, they all are. Traore gives them great muscle inside, and Atiki can give them some rim presence, but not lately... Oh, and Saunders! Seven dudes can get hot for BYU.

    Fun to watch. They have lost some games, when going cold, but I expect them to go hot this March.

    Cougars to the Final Four? I promised I would take my co-workers out to steak or crab if we win it all.

    The Indiana Hoosiers are pretty sad, losing twice to teams that they should never lose twice to: Penn State, Northwestern, Nebraska. Ugh. We need to have a ... sorry, got distracted. We need an unreasonably great, improbable finish to the season to get anywhere. At least we have Xavier Johnson back. Some experience and speed. And he can shoot from outside as well as anyone on the team.

    I am pulling for Purdue to do well. Not others, like UConn. Houston would fine. Not Kansas.

    Last post about men's college I mentioned teams that I did not want to win, which are not small in number. I would be okay with a few, including Illinois or Wisconsin, which is not likely. I forgot to mention some other good teams, like Auburn, and even Washington State. Maybe one more like St. Mary's, or another western team. People like Boise State, and Dayton, and there are a few more with decent records.

    We shall see. UCLA looks like they are done, as USC. Oregon is borderline, which is the third year in a row not dancing.

    Had I mentioned Alabama last post? I think so. But maybe not South Carolina. They are good. Clemson not so much.

    Tourneys will determine a lot. And who gets hot.

    Go Cougs. Best Y team since Jimmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment