Tuesday, March 12, 2024

From Jason A. to Timothy W. - Conjuring Up Glimpses (Not to the Ws)

 From Jason A. to Timothy W. (Leora B.) - Conjuring Up Glimpses

    Jason A. - Nice guy, good guy. He joined the troop of my church's other congregation, Bloomington Second Ward. Not a member of our faith, but interested in Boy Scouting. I have images of buzzed hair, motivated blue eyes, well dressed kid, and joined up in high school in athletic causes, maybe swimming.

    Bryan A. - Like Jason, I likely first met Bryan in middle school, at Binford. Sixth grade. Blue eyes, blonde hair. He was skinny; he liked to play basketball, I recall, when me and others were lounging around after lunch. I did not follow up with him much, but I think he was a nice guy. I seem to remember him being critical of some teacher or something at school... Hazy memories; I think I remember some sharp words.

    Elizabeth A. - Perhaps she was one of the five new girls in my fifth-grade class. That seems right. She was smart, like Leora B., who comes next. I am not sure I had many classes with her 6th through 12th. Likely freshman and junior year honors English, maybe a couple others. I expect she went on to good academics somewhere, and maybe I used to know where.

    Leora B. - One of the five new young ladies in Mrs. Daniel's class. I recall Katherine and Becky, were like cousins, and moved on to University or Dyer Middle School. They, like the country kids bussed in to downtown area, more or less, by campus, diverged from us. Leora was precociously smart and skipped 4th grade to be with us in fifth. I spoke to her later in college. Already divorced from an Irani guy. Lost track since. But, I did see and talk to her after high school!

    This remembering specific things is hard to do! I think I would have been much fresher at this exercise at age 25. I mentioned hair of the young men. Elizabeth tended to have long hair, and Leora's was usually shorter. Brown or darker hue.

    Hair, eyes, skin, shapes. Words, actions, looks, classes. Attitudes. Clothing, tastes. 

    Gonna take a break there. Through Leora B.

No comments:

Post a Comment