Sunday, May 17, 2020

Sports or No Sports

Sports or No Sports

There has not been many live sports since the beginning of mid-March (2020), and that has meant less time spent following those events, and spending time on other things.

Of course there has been a lot of other things that have not been going on other than sporting events, but for guys and gals like me, this has been different. I have watched most of the "Last Dance" series, like most the rest of the country. I have watched some old games on NBA TV, the Big Ten Network, MLB Network, and a few others, and I have enjoyed those.

I have enough other interests that I still find plenty of subjects to occupy my time. I have been reading some books that I have meant to read for a long time from my own collections instead of the library as I usually do, and of course there are many online articles, some sports-related, but many about geo-politics, the news, military issues, and religion.

Some sports are going now, including Taiwan baseball, (or is it South Korea?), UFC (mixed martial arts), and now German football leagues.

The NBA and Major League Baseball are gaining momentum towards continuing or starting up their seasons, which will be a sign of life for everyone.

Sports is indicative of life, and at the local little league level it has been wiped out. Our money will mostly come back to us. The boys missed out this spring.

Others have bigger issues and problems, like sick and dying relatives, little or no food, little or no Internet, little or no rent or money for regular necessities.

Sports is much bigger than me, but most importantly people competing and doing their leagues means that life is normal and the economy is strong, and we are all doing our thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment