Monday, May 11, 2020

I was going to write about something...

I was going to write about something...

It was not going to be about ee cummings, or Robert Frost, or not even a poet.

How many poets are there?

Some write and compose them on pieces of paper, maybe a toilet paper roll...

Never to be heard or seen again.

We believe that by publishing on the Internet, the World wide web, that there is some pretext of permanence.

Maybe.

I think I was going to write about going to my 50th state in my 50th year.

And then things ending.

Corona virus, aka COVID-19, aka the pandemic crisis has stopped this process for now.

But maybe not next time...

The vaccine will alleviate fears, and maybe I will make it while 50.

The world could end then, or at least for some of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment