Monday, March 6, 2023

I thought that I remembered how or why I fell in love...

I thought that I remembered how or why I fell in love...

    The other day, a few days ago, I had a pretty insightful thought or idea as to why I fell in love, why I fell for you. It had something to do with me at that time in my life, and things pointed to me being receptive or vulnerable, or ready and willing, or emotionally susceptible to falling for you. Of course, you were great, amazing, no question. It was about you, sure, but as for me: it happened by natural means.

    That was what hit me, that dawned on me. And I was happy to think it, or realize it. Why did you overwhelm my thoughts? I came to the likely answer. I did not think it totally through, but I was content to solve that riddle. To figure out the puzzle. To make sense of things that do not always have reasons.

    But then: I forgot. I forgot the answer! The idea.

    Now I am trying to recollect, trying to re-configure the magic, the time, the circumstances.

    My mind, my heart. You became it.

    And it is all in there, somewhere.


    So glad you are there. And you will not go away.



1 comment:

  1. It was more about you than it was about me. But it required both. I think you may have loved me first. But either way, emotions accepted.

    ReplyDelete