Saturday, March 11, 2023

A Friend Died on the 6th. He was Buried Today

 A Friend Died on the 6th. He was Buried Today

   - He is Eternal

         I am not sure when I first met him. I met his dad and older brothers when I played basketball with them. Then he came up and grew to be able to play with us. He was big and strong, and I would feel his presence. He played hard. I found out at the funeral service today that he had many nicknames. One of them was Ax. I will call him that in this post, but I never did refer to him as thus in person.

    He was a good man. He was a good boy. He was born in December 1996. He died now in March 2023. He was twenty-six. A relatively short life. But I think that he packed a lot in.

    He was good, he was kind. He believed in the redemptive power of Jesus Christ, like many of us.

    Beloved by many; he will be missed dearly and greatly. He started having serious health issues since his freshman year in high school, which led to traumatic brain injuries. The last six years since his full-time church mission, where he re-injured his brain, have been full of pain and problems.

    He is free from those earthly pains now.

    Hundreds look to him as a great, funny, smart, creative, nice person.

    Yeah.

    Today is Saturday; the weather crisp, cool. Yesterday it rained. I felt that this cold, wet weather was appropriate based on the news I learned earlier on Friday. We remember Ax and are thankful for him and his parents, family, forbears. He came from good DNA and spiritual stock. He was a good guy.

    See you later, my friend and brother. You are an angel above now. And we shall meet again!


1 comment: