Tuesday, December 19, 2023

When Did I Become a Poet?

 When Did I Become a Poet?

    Listening to a little radio on the way home from work today, I heard a young lady asked this question. Was she 17? Was she 24. She was young, as a person of 53 years thinks of them when they are of that sound and tenor. But, she was a poet. She gave her answers, and then went on to recite a poem... About big, colossal women, or a woman. I did not finish. I wanted to come in and put the trash cans away. Pick up some branches blown onto the street and driveway from the recent rainy storms. Rainy certainly, but the wind was stronger closer to the ocean. We live three hours from there.

    Poetry and Poems and Poets

I am not a poet

But I played one on T.V.

Well, not a poet.

A sheriff deputy, or another police guy

An office worker, or some random joe.

A random joe.

We saw me on an old show where I received credits

Making it on the database for that one

Gave me some lighter moments online, in the States or in Afghanistan


We do things over time.


We do things here and there.

Like write, and read, and work, and analyze, and maybe workout, or watch a show.

We eat our meals. Alone or with friends.

Sometimes we offend, but not most times.


Sometimes we are offended.

Sure. 

Up north I could see movies during my meals.

Some could be offensive.

That is how Germans entertain the troops and folks.

2012. Into the next year.

And perhaps I wrote some poetry, while not really being a poet.


A poet should be read, and should be shared,

And should think that they are a poet.

I am not, but I can, and do, wax poetic.


So that is when. 

No comments:

Post a Comment