Sunday, December 17, 2023

Books On Books to Be Read --

 Books On Books to Be Read -- 

    Read some scriptures today, mostly from Revelations. Holy scriptures are good.

What else am I reading? I just finished a Harold Bloom essay book of Tolkien and his Lord of the Rings, Hobbit, and Silmarillion tomes. I believe this is my second essay book on the subject. Fascinating topics and discussions. Thought-provoking. That was yesterday, in my car. I read quite a bit in the front seat, like when waiting for my daughter during piano practice and other times. Deep thoughts about heroes and themes, language, antecedents. Really interesting scholars.

    Hemingway's posthumous "Islands in the Stream". Part II, Cuba. First part was Bimini Island.

    "The Painting that Shook Up the World." A biography of sorts about Pablo Picasso. Maybe "Changed" the world. Or shocked the world. It has been really interesting. Super charged with art and history. I like it. I need to finish this. I did major in Spanish, when I think of it. Spain and art. My wife loves most of it. That is good. Spain, where she lived and now has visited a couple times.

    And then the one sitting in the library, the "Ambulance Drivers", all about Ernest Hemingway and John Dos Passos. This one is good. I need to fetch it and finish it.

    "Sweet Grass", by the Potawatomi botanist, recommended or delivered by our Florida-based daughter.

Yeah. Articles, I read, and they distract me, but I read these books when I can, or as I can.

    Read on. Write on. Printing up chapters 6-8 of my book now. Tomorrow. Will publish this thing.

    Yeah, 2024.


    I have 

No comments:

Post a Comment