Saturday, December 2, 2023

Pennies, Nickels, and Dimes

 Pennies, Nickels, and Dimes

    As a kid in the 1970s and into the 1980s, a penny could get you a gum or a couple other things.

    One penny. A nickel could buy something better. And a dime? A few things.

    Into the 2020s those things can buy considerably less. Some people do not care about them. I do. I hate spending money on fossil fuel gas that I do not have to. Even pennies. I hate to lose them on stuff that I want or need.

    I do like to use my credit card on gas, because I get points for the credit used that gets me some pennies back.
    
    The world revolves on money and service, and credit. We need all of them.

    I try to collect pennies, and save them. I buy the cheaper gas, I seek it out. I do not want to fill the pockets and banks of the Gulf countries and the rest of the oil producers, many of which are U.S. owned. 

    I saved some pennies today, granted after driving to get that work. 3.09 instead of 3.12, per the gallon, instead of 3.19 or 3.25 where I live.

    Pennies saved, may not mean much to others.

    But I derive pleasure from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment