Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Time in Texas

Time in Texas

Recently my 16 year-old daughter challenged me to who has spent more time in Texas, possibly her because her trips to visit cousins in the Dallas area add up to quite a bit. I think she has been with them there three separate times, usually for a week or so.

I take such challenges seriously. Let me think of years that I have been there, in the Lone Star State. I will both count airport layovers and not, to compare. Also, some of our Texas time was accrued together.

1982 --- 6 days Corpus Christi

1990 --- 2 hours Dallas Airport, with other missionaries

1992 --- 3 hours Dallas Airport (failed to take bump: Evan)
 
1994 --- 3 hours Dallas Airport 
 
2002 --- 3 hours Houston Airport, gall bladder attack
 
2005 --- 4 days, 4 nights El Paso to Dallas, RV trip
 
2005 --- 2 hours, Dallas Airport, to Chile via Miami
 
2006 --- 3 hours, west to east Texas Panhandle
 
2007 --- 15 hours, east to west to move minivan to California
 
2014 ---  2 days, from El Paso, via Odessa, to Texarkansa (daughter was with family and I)

2016 ---  3 hours, Houston Airport, coming back from Utah

2019 --- 1 day, Austin Airport overnight, Dallas in car to Louisiana

I might be leaving out a few times in Texas, perhaps one or two more flight layovers, which is only the airports of Dallas or Houston, which is normally a short time anyway.

With layovers, we will add up my Texas time to be: 14 days, 8 hours. I think that my daughter beats me with closer to three weeks, approximately 21 days, including 2 days with me. Without airport layovers I have been there a total of 13 days. A bit of that was driving. Maybe four to five days, at least, of driving.

So in the race for Texas living between the 50 year-old dad and the 16 year-old daughter, looks like the daughter has it! Way to go! 

She is a vegetarian. Or vegan. She does not eat the cattle of Texas or any other state. Ironic, huh?


 
 


 
 


 
 








No comments:

Post a Comment