Friday, July 10, 2020

Peaceful Ennui Lead to Baseball via Television, Even Cable

Peaceful Ennui Lead to Baseball via Television, Even Cable

Getty Lee and I ... Or is it Geddy Lee? Must be the former, the pronunciation the same in American English either way.

The Rush lead singer, a guy I only harassed once back in 1987 or so. During a concert, there were no words, just some ignorant gestures and symbols. He may have realized that I was an American heartland rube, but in my defense my supposed better informed teenage cohorts had fed me bad intelligence... He was a Toronto guy, not a Montreal one, like me.

All that aside, Getty and I have a similar passion or hobby. Baseball.

I came to find out many years later that he and I became baseball suckers. It was available through cable television.

And sure, one was more the Jays, and the other more the Expos. But it was all major league baseball, North American style.

Hopefully I live to write more on this later, but for now this teaser...

The ennui of the summer days and nights with the availability of WGN and the Cubs and the Super Station in Atlanta with the Braves, late 1with a little local hometwon Indianapolis/Bloomington ChannCinncinnati Reds a mere two hours away...

Midwest cable ennui.

No comments:

Post a Comment