Thursday, April 16, 2020

Author! Authors... Part 1

Author! Authors.... Part 1

I had a pretty good discussion about books and literature with my oldest daughter yesterday afternoon, who is finishing up her first year of college. She is doing pretty well, I must say. Proud of her! (Insert cool emoji here). Anyway, there are some things that I wanted to document that are derived from our conversing, mostly to do with my favorite authors.

I had asked her about some authors that she likes and that I am interested in, such as Virginia Woolf, plus she had shared some more of some poems that she liked, like this one by William Butler Yeats (pronounced Yeets or Yates?)

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."


Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity

No comments:

Post a Comment