Friday, July 18, 2014

Yellowstone Park and Wyoming

Quite a state. Quite a park. I went to the national park briefly as a kid when I was pretty small, around 1980.


A couple weeks ago we stayed overnight in Buffalo, which is in the northeast corner of the state, east of the Bighorn Mountains. We had already stayed in South Dakota a couple nights, which was great with Mount Rushmore and then a little Crazy Horse and then Devil's Tower on the Wyoming side.


Really cool stuff; the latter I had not seen before.


Lake Yellowstone is huge! Much bigger than I had thought. The geysers at Old Faithful go on for a long time; further than I had recalled as a child. "Bloopy", the nickname I had given a favorite of mine that I did not find, was maybe another 15-30 minutes than we could walk.


Yellowstone is an amazing geothermal site. Very unique.


The whole state of Wyoming is a beautiful place of the outdoors, recreation and tourism. Great in the summer.


Our smallest populated state.


Thanks for the good times.


Blog it. EMC.

No comments:

Post a Comment